Bull Garlington is an award-winning humorist and popular speaker.
His most recent memoir, The Full English, was IndieFab's 2017 Non-Fiction Humor Book of the Year.
Death by Children was a 2013 book of the year finalist for the Midwest Publishers Association, and the Indiefab 2013 Humor Book of the Year by the prestigious industry standard, Foreword Reviews.
Garlington’s features have appeared in newspapers and magazines across the nation since 1989; he won the Parenting Media Association’s Gold Award for best humor column in 2013, the Silver Award for the best humor article in 2012, and the bronze in 2010. He is a co-author of the popular foodie compendium, The Beat Cop’s Guide to Chicago Eats. His short stories have appeared in literary magazines, including Slab, Bathhouse, and The Dead Mule School of Southern Literature.
Garlington was born in Birmingham, AL; is married to [ATTORNEY] with whom he has two children. They live in Chicago. He is the founder of Creative Writer PRO, a content company focused on high-quality content and creative marketing.
Awards and Recognition
- IndieFab's Non-Fiction Humor Book of the Year, 2017
- IndieFab's Humor Book of the Year, 2013
- Midwest Independent Publishers Association's Humor Book of the Year, Finalist, 2013
- Parenting Media Association; Gold Award, "Best Humor Articles"; 2013
- Parenting Media Association; Silver Award, "Humor Article"; 2012
- Parenting Media Association; Honorable Mention, "Best Humor Article"; 2011