W. Royce Adams, English professor emeritus, has published over a dozen college textbooks, academic journal articles, fantasy middle-grade chapter books, three juvenile novels and a short story collection, Against the Current. He won the Haunted Waters Literary Magazine’s 2016 Grand Prize Short Story Contest, Honorable Mentions from Glimmer Train and from Winning Writer, and for a notable essay of 2016 by Best American Essays, 2017. His works have appeared in The Rockford Review, Black Fox Literary Magazine, Catamaran, In the Depths, Coe Review, Chaffey Review, Adelaide, bosque and others. He is past-president of the College Reading and Learning Association and a member of the Authors Guild.
Against the Current
AS TIME GOES BY2022
Press and Media Mentions
- AS TIME GOES BY by W. Royce Adams offers poignant reminiscences of days past, seen through the eyes of an old man of the point of death.
- BookLife Review of As Time Goes By
- Scar Songs: Stories Incisive short stories about persevering as life scars us.
- The direct, poignant short stories collected in Scar Songs tap into universal feelings of loss and regret.
- Author W. Royce Adams writes the lives of his broken, haunted characters with spare but artful grace, uncovering their frailties with clear-eyed candor while acknowledging the ambiguities and contradictions of human nature.