My debut novel, The Taxidermist's Lover, was published by CamCat Books in December 2020.
I hold an MA in Creative Writing from Bath Spa University, England and currently facilitate creative writing courses online. Pre-covid I ran residential writing retreats in the UK and hope to reinstate these when we can safely do so.
My work has been included in cross cultural collaborations such as community arts projects.
Residencies include: Theatre Melange & Somerset Libraries' collaboration - Out of the Mouth of the Parrett, a journey through time on the River Parrett, Somerset, England.
I am Director of SM'art and Culture Community Interest Company in my home town of Shepton Mallet which supports arts and culture events in the local area.
I especially enjoy found art, found poetry, mixed-media collage and sculpture.
Follow me on Twitter @PollyHallWriter or Facebook #PollyHallWriter.
Awards and Recognition
- "Finalist in the Best Interior Design category of the 2020 Best Book Awards sponsored by American Book Fest" ~http://americanbookfest.com/generalfiction.html
Press and Media Mentions
- “The menace increases slowly but relentlessly, permeating every corner, and the twists, plentiful but also well earned, pile up, resolving in a near-perfect horror ending . . . [A] lyrical debut, told with the confidence of a veteran. ” ~Booklist, Starred Review
- “Creepy and sensual . . . the tension between Scarlett and Henry is riveting . . . making The Taxidermist’s Lover a luxurious, macabre romance. ” ~Foreword Reviews
- “As strange as it is disturbing . . . It’s [Scarlett’s] highly personal confessional tone, exposed internal conflicts, grotesque dreams, and desires that draw the reader in. ” ~Kirkus Reviews
- “Rich, decadent prose . . . allusions to The Bride of Frankenstein nicely ground the ending in the gothic tradition. ” ~Publishers Weekly
- “With its gothic setting and lurid subject matter, Hall’s eerie prose is just right for those cold winter nights.” ~This Is Horror Review