I am an attorney who evolved into a marketer and a writer out of need. I am a partner at Simmons and Fletcher, P.C., Injury & Accident Attorneys. I began writing and publishing as an associate trying to get my name out and show my expertise on a number of legal matters. I was able to get published by the Texas Bar Journal and a few other publications and I have been writing and publishing ever since.
I also do a significant amount of legal mentoring for students aspiring to practice law as well as for young lawyers learning how to practice the business of law. I would like to sit down and write a business advice book at some point but for the moment running and managing a law firm, practicing law, running a Missions-related podcast on the side, and still finding time to spend with my wife and kids is enough on my plate.
Advertise With Care: Should You Use a Search Engine Marketing Company?
Attorney Paul H. Cannon discusses the potential issues that arise when lawyers use a search engine marketing company. Lawyer websites are subject to advertising rules. However, the average SEM company is not run by a lawyer. This can create a number of problems because the person leading your online marketing activity might not know the advertising rules you are subject to and may expose you, as a lawyer, to sanctions or worse. Published in the Texas Bar Journal, July 2017.
What Your Auto Insurance Does Not Cover Might Surprise You2021
How Call Tracking Helped Us Catch an Advertising Scam2020
What a Plaintiff’s Law Firm Learned From the Coronavirus Pandemic2020
Behind the Wheel: Texas Parents May Be Liable for Negligent Teenage Driver Accidents2019
Awards and Recognition
- Super Lawyer - Thomson Reuters, 2017-present
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer - National Trial Lawyers Association, 2017-present
- Distinguished Counsel - National Association of Distinguished Counsel 2017-present
- Outstanding Mentor Award - Houston Young Lawyer’s Association, 2020
Press and Media Mentions
- Paul H. Cannon talks to KPRC News as legal expert on what to do when a pothole damages your car.
- Dog Bite Law Interview with Attorney Paul H. Cannon on the Lockdown Law Podcast
- Elite Esquire Podcast, August 2023, Guest Legal Speaker, How Insurance Companies Manipulate Car Wreck Cases to Deprive You of Damages.