As an RN, I took a long career in caring for and communicating with patients and their families, bringing this experience to the written word. Since moving from clinical care to print, I have written many pieces of content for online and print outlets, including cover articles, blogs, columns, web copy, and newsletters for consumers and medical professionals.
Want to know how to say my name? Check this link: https://forvo.com/word/marijke/
I look at my writing as an extension of the bedside teaching nurses often don't have time for. When writing for professional audiences, I change my voice, but not my approach towards writing – language should always be easy to read and understand. You can listen to me speak about my work in this episode of The Health Design Podcast (https://t.co/Vyl2rCTP7x).
Just the Right Dose
In Just the Right Dose: Your Smart Guide to Prescription Drugs & How to Take Them Safely, you'll find answers to the most common questions about over-the-counter and prescription medications, as well as tips on topics such as:
- Understanding your prescription
- Why it's important to follow the directions,
- What types of pills you should never break or chew, and why
- The most common types of medicines (such as cream, suppositories, injections)
- Remembering to take your medications
- Swallowing that pill or capsule
- Getting rid of unused drugs
- And more!