Carolyn Lee Arnold drew upon her thirty years as a social science researcher and ten years as a relationship workshop assistant to create the dating project in FIFTY FIRST DATES AFTER FIFTY: A MEMOIR. A native Californian from Los Angeles with a New England education, Carolyn found her true home in the San Francisco Bay Area, where she prepared for dating and life by working in free clinics, attending spiritual ceremonies, hiking the local green hills, leading women’s backpacking trips, identifying as a lesbian-feminist in the 1970s and ’80s, and earning graduate degrees in women’s studies, statistics, and educational research.
FIFTY FIRST DATES AFTER FIFTY is her first book, and it has received awards in the areas of relationships, sexuality, and women’s issues and for being inspirational, uplifting, and motivational. She is now writing her second memoir, about her lesbian-feminist years. Still a feminist, she lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her male partner, one of her fifty dates. She blogs about dating and life and offers dating tips, dating resources, and her book at her website, carolynleearnold.com. If you sign up for her blog, you will get the detailed version of Carolyn’s 10 dating tips! Follow her on Instagram (@carolyn.lee.arnold) and Facebook.
Fifty First Dates After Fifty: A Memoir
Carolyn, an independent, free-spirited, fifty-something researcher, challenges herself to go on fifty dates to find a committed partner. Navigating the highs and lows of dating within the SF Bay Area sensual New Age community, her universal quest for love becomes a sexy adventure of self-discovery and self-love along the way to a man who matches her spirit.
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 Independent Publisher Book Awards (IPPYs): Gold Medal in Sexuality/Relationships
- 2022 Human Relations Indie Book Awards: Gold in Motivational Memoir; Silver in Personal Relationships Memoir; Silver in Inspirational
- 2022 International Book Awards (IBA): Winner in Women’s Issues/Women’s Studies; Finalist in Nonfiction: Narrative and in New Age: Nonfiction
- 2022 Living Now Book Awards: Gold Medal in Relationships/Marriage
- 2022 Next Generation Indie Book Awards: Finalist in Memoir (Other)
- 2022 Zibby Awards: Best Dedication
- 2021 Northern California Publishers & Authors Book Awards: Gold for Cover/Interior Design
- 2021 Chanticleer Hearten Book Awards: Finalist for Uplifting & Inspiring Non-Fiction and Memoir
- 2021 Chanticleer Mind & Spirit Book Awards: On Short List for Enlightenment & Well-being in Non-Fiction
- 2021 Firebird Book Awards: First Place in Memoir, Relationships, Sexuality, and New Age Culture