Shelley Marlow’s new Belladonna* all-gender, all genre, Lesbian All Stars chaplet, Halloween in Edinburgh from their new manuscript, The Wind Blew Through Like A Chorus Of Ghosts. Marlow is the author of Two Augusts In a Row In a Row, a novel, Publication Studio, Portland (2015), plus art editions, Hudson and London(2017). Marlow received an Acker Award in avant-garde writing. Multigenerational readers performed scenes from Two Augusts In a Row In a Row at the Bureau of General Services Queer Division, NYC; The London Centre for Book Arts; and The Tender Center, Rotterdam. Marlow served as the prose editor of Ping Pong Magazine out of the Henry Miller Library. Marlow ran a writing workshop at Arts In the Woods, a summer camp for unhoused young LGBTQI adults. Marlow wrote the lyrics to an operatic musical, Unknot Turandot, performed at La Mama. Marlow’s International Witch Stories, with Oreste was presented in the Italian Pavilion for the 48th Venice Biennial. Marlow’s writing and art appear in: Resist Much/Obey Little; Evergreen Review; Hyperallergic; The KGB Bar Lit Mag; Brooklyn Rail; Altered Bodies; Rilking; LTTR (Lesbians To The Rescue); alLuPiNiT; St. Petersburg Review; Zingmagazine; Girlfriends Magazine.
Awards and Recognition
- Acker Award for Excellence in Avant-Garde Writing, 2017.
Press and Media Mentions
- Kevin Killian review of Two Augusts In a Row In a Row.
- Spencer Incasiano reviews on WBUR.org of Two Augusts In a Row In a Row
- A Moth Can't Be Held Onto: Vulnerability and Witchcraft in Shelley Marlow's Two Augusts In a Row In a Row Review by Jenny Montgomery Cutbank The Literary Journal of the University of Montana
- Heather Seggel reviews‘Two Augusts in a Row in a Row’ by Shelley Marlow Lambda Literary
- Yael van der Wouden review of Two Augusts in a Row in a Row by Shelley Marlow on Read Wildness
- featured inclusion on Drag King website