Lee Allen Howard
Although born and raised the son of a preacher, Lee Allen Howard knew since second grade he wanted to be a horror writer. He loved all things creepy and was terrorized by a recurring nightmare in which Dracula, the Wolfman, and the Mummy chased him all around the house. This led to telling stories on the dark side of reality.
Since then, he’s written five novels—The Sixth Seed, Death Perception, The Adamson Family, The Bedwetter: Journal of a Budding Psychopath, Dead Cemetery—and a collection of early short stories, Perpetual Nightmares. His dark fiction spans the genres of horror, LGBTQ horror, dark mystery, supernatural crime, and psychological thrillers.
Howard earned his bachelor’s in English from Indiana University of Pennsylvania and a master’s in Writing Popular Fiction from Seton Hill University. He’s been a professional writer in the software industry since 1985 and also edits dark fiction (https://leeallenhoward.com/dark-fiction-editing/).
Howard is the founder and editor at Dark Cloud Press, which has published the horror and dark crime anthologies Thou Shalt Not... and Tales of Blood and Squalor. He resides in western New York with a lot of books.
Visit him online at https://leeallenhoward.com, Lee Allen Howard, author on Facebook, and @LeeAllenHoward on Twitter. Sign up for his private email newsletter at https://bit.ly/3u4nSVH.
Press and Media Mentions
- A Point of Pride: Interview with Lee Allen Howard (The Horror Writers Association)
- Horror Writer Makes Childhood Dream Come True (The Los Angeles Tribune)
- Exploring the Strengths of a Creative Mind (VENTS Magazine)
- Introducing Lee Allen Howard, American Author and Entrepreneur (Reader’s Digest, UK)
- Transitioning from Tech Writing to Fiction Writing (The Hype Magazine)
- Dark Fiction: An Interview with Lee Allen Howard (Jamestown, NY, Post-Journal)
- Mastering the Art of Fiction Writing (Tech Times)