Aimee E. Liu
Aimee Liu is the author of the new novel Glorious Boy, as well as the bestsellers Flash House, Face, and Cloud Mountain, a Literary Guild "Super Release" which was published in more than 10 languages. Her other works include Restoring Our Bodies, Reclaiming Our Lives, and Gaining: The Truth about Life after Eating Disorders, and the memoir Solitaire. She also co-edited the anthology Alchemy of the Word: Writers Talk About Writing.
Aimee earned her MFA in Creative Writing from Bennington College and now teaches in Goddard College’s low-residency MFA in Creative Writing Program at Port Townsend, WA.
Awards and Recognition
- Barnes & Noble, Discover Great New Writers
- Finalist, S CA Booksellers Fiction Award
- Literary Guild "Super Release"
- Algonquin Award
- Special Mention, Pushcart Prize
Press and Media Mentions
- Booklist’s Top Ten Historical Fiction of 2020
- New York Post’s Best Books of the Week
- “A riveting amalgam of history, family epic, anticolonial/antiwar treatise, cultural crossroads, and more, this latest from best-selling author Liu is a fascinating, irresistible marvel.” — Library Journal, starred review
- "This fascinating novel examines the many dimensions of war, from the tragedy of loss to the unexpected relationships formed during conflict. The Andamans are a lush and unusual setting, a sacred home to all kinds of cultures and people, and Liu’s prose is masterful. A good choice for book groups and for readers who are unafraid to be swept away.” — Booklist, starred review
- “With nuanced descriptions of diverse characters, and a wrenching portrait of the well-meaning Durants’ limited power, Liu upends the clichés of the white savior narrative…[a] sharp take on a lesser-known part of WWII history.” —Publishers Weekly