Cristina Biaggi, Ph.D., is an Artist, Writer and a Prehistorian. She has widely exhibited her work in the U.S., Europe and Australia. She has published five books: Habitations of the Great Goddess, In the Footsteps of the Goddess, The Rule of Mars, Activism into Art into Activism into Art and Four Legs = Two. She has published a number of articles which have appeared in various anthologies and other publications. Marija Gimbutas was her mentor and friend and wrote an introduction to her first book. Her artistic practice consists of figurative sculptures, including a recent portrait of Jane Fonda, as well as political and abstract collages. Cristina has also been commissioned to create a number of large outdoor sculptures. Her artwork is included in many collections including Jane Fonda’s in L.A. and Sean Scully’s in N.Y.
Awards and Recognition
- Pioneer in the Arts Award, The Rockland Center for the Arts, 70th Anniversary Gala, 2017
- Rockland Center for the Arts, Board Member, 2015 - Present
- Bogliasco Foundation, Trustee, 1996 - Present
- Veteran Feminists of America, NY Award for Art, 2003
- Rockland County Executive's Arts Award, NY, 1997