Ayn Cates Sullivan, MA, MFA, Ph.D. is an Amazon, Wall Street Journal and USA Today best-selling author. She has won over fifty literary awards. Weaving ancient wisdom traditions together with personal experience, Dr Sullivan crafts messages to support an evolving humanity. Her 17 books include the best-selling Legends of the Grail series and the award-winning Sparkle series for children. Her most recent release is a magical bi-lingual fable, Eala: Mother Swan. She is president of Infinite Light Publishing & Media. Dr Sullivan is also a SuperpowerUp! podcast host of Wisdom of the Ages with over 2.6 million listeners. https://superpowerexperts.com/wisdom-of-the-ages/
Nimue: Freeing Merlin
This exuberant fantasy calls on readers to conceive of a loving, balanced world.
Seventeen-year-old Nina Liber lives in Manhattan with her mother, Diana, an expert in Celtic mythology. Before their flight to Britain for the summer, Nina dreams of a woman in green who calls her a “Mage” and tells her, “remember who you are.” Diana’s husband, Felix, has been deceased two years, and she’s eager to see her twin brother, Blaise. Nina is skeptical about enjoying sights like Stonehenge and being away from her boyfriend, Owen Pelleas. Once boyfriend, Owen Pelleas. Once in Hampstead, England, Nina befriends Daphne, her uncle’s occasional flame. Daphne recommends the girl visit Ganieda, a local healer named after Merlin’s sister, to gain peace of mind. Ganieda outlines the relationships between the mythical huntress Diana; her lover, the Roman god Bacchus; and their daughter, Nimue. When she hears of Nina’s dream, she echoes the woman in green by saying, “Mage, it’s time you remember who you are.” Later, a limo takes Nina to a country home called Imworth, where she meets Morgen, the woman from her dream. She tells Nina, “You were Nimue. Only you can find and awaken Merlin” and restore the balance between light and darkness on Earth. Sullivan might have written a fantasy in which her lead throws punches while hunting for relics. Instead, she’s more faithful to Merlin’s complex mythology than to the genre’s tropes. Readers will be reminded of the ways Romans used Christianity to subdue the Druids, who had their own belief system. And while Nimue and Merlin’s romance is intense—they kissed like “a tsunami crashing onto shore”—it’s just a portion of their lives, not the entirety. After seeing her previous incarnations, Nina comes to realize she’s “the power of the universe operating as a point in time and space” and that it might be possible to usher in Satya Yuga, the Golden Age, by reconnecting with the natural world. Lovely black-and-white illustrations by Crow duCray enliven the journey. A glossary is included.
Eala: Mother Swan2021
Awards and Recognition
- Undina's Spell awarded Gold with Nautilus Book Awards 2020 for Children's Illustrated Fiction
- Kachina's Rose won the silver CIPA EVVY Award for Children's Picture Book 2021
- Sparkle & The Gift awarded a Gold Pinnacle Book Achievement Award and a Gold with Mom's Choice for Bedtime Story/ Fantasy, Myths & Legends / New Age & Indigo Topics
- Sparkle & The Light awarded a Mom's Choice Honoring Excellence award 2016
- A Story of Becoming received 18 literary awards including a Gold with Literary Classics (2015), NIEA Best Visionary Fiction, Gold with Nautilus (2016), Reader's Favorite Winner Children's Fable (2016). It is also an Amazon Best Selling book.
- Legends of the Grail: Stories of Celtic Goddesses received 3 golds with CIPA EVVY (2018), Shelf Unbound Best Indie Book (2018), eLit Award, Book Excellence Award and others.
- Heroines of Avalon & Other Tales honored as the overall winner with the Indie Reader Discovery Awards. It was also a COVR and NIEA winner. It won a Gold with IPPY and also a silver with Nautilus Book Awards. It is also an Amazon Best Seller.
Press and Media Mentions
- Blog with Indie Reader about Heroines of Avalon and Other Tales
- Tonya Dawn Recla interviews Ayn Cates Sullivan about her books on the SuperPowerNetwork
- No Labels No Limits podcast interview of Ayn Cates Sullivan about the Legends of the Grail series
- Positive Head Podcast interview with Ayn Cates Sullivan on the Legends of the Grail series
- FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Nimue: Freeing Merlin has been chosen as a winner of New Age Fiction.
- Kirkus Review of Nimue: Freeing Merlin
- Lauren G Foster interviews Ayn Cates Sullivan - video "Bringing Back the Magic"
- Heart & Hustle: Visionary Healers, Movers, and Shakers, with your host, Paulette Rees-Denis, and today with guest, award-winning author, podcast host (Wisdom of the Ages), and President of Infinite Light Publishing, Ayn Cates Sullivan