Raima Larter was once a chemistry professor in Indiana who secretly wrote fiction and poetry and tucked it away in drawers, but now she writes full-time and out in the open. Her work has appeared in Utopia Science Fiction, Gargoyle, Chantwood Magazine, Cleaver, BULL, Linden Avenue, Funny Pearls, Another Chicago Magazine and others. Her first two novels, “Fearless,” and “Belle o’ the Waters,” were published in 2019 and her nonfiction popular science book, “Spiritual Insights from the New Science: Complex Systems and Life,” was published in May of this year. Read more about her work at raimalarter.com.
Press and Media Mentions
- Interview by the Little Patuxent Review: "Q&A with Raima Larter, a double-threat in science and fiction writing"
- Bedtime Stories: August 2021 August 25, 2021 What do book lovers have queued up on their nightstands and ready to read before lights-out? We asked one of them (Raima Larter), and here’s what she said.
- Review of Novel, "Belle o' the Waters" by the Historical Novel Society
- Review of "Belle o' the Waters" by the Washington Independent Review of Books; "A sweeping, 19th-century saga of persecuted Mormons fleeing west to Utah."
- Review of "Belle o' the Waters" by Historical Fiction Reviews