Scott A. Travers, one of the most knowledgeable and influential coin dealers in the world, served as vice president (1997-1999) of the congressionally chartered, nonprofit American Numismatic Association. His name is familiar to readers everywhere as the author of seven bestselling books on coins, including The Coin Collector's Survival Manual, How to Make Money in Coins Right Now, Travers' Rare Coin Investment Strategy, The Investor's Guide to Coin Trading, Scott Travers' Top 88 Coins to Buy & Sell, The Insider's Guide to U.S. Coin Values and One-Minute Coin Expert, which has been called "the most important book of its kind ever written." Travers is executive editor of COINage magazine, and his award-winning blog, "The Money Connoisseur," is online at https://bottomlineinc.com/blogs/money-connoisseur. His expert opinions have been sought by such publications as the Wall Street Journal, Barron's and The New York Times, and he served as a coin valuation consultant to the Federal Trade Commission. He and his books have also been featured on national television, including CNBC, MSNBC, NBC's Today, ABC World News Tonight and Inside Edition. Travers has won awards and gained an impressive reputation as a forceful consumer advocate for the coin-buying public. He is president of Scott Travers Rare Coin Galleries, LLC, in New York. Visit his official website: https://www.usgoldexpert.com
The Coin Collector's Survival Manual, Revised Seventh Edition
The most comprehensive and trusted general reference to buying and selling rare and valuable coins, The Coin Collector's Survival Manual, Seventh Edition is illustrated with black-and-white photographs and a full-color insert.
This substantially revised edition of this Scott A. Travers award-winning work includes revised chapters that focus on legal and financial advice for buying and selling coins, as well as a new chapter on the most secure way to detect coins that have been "doctored."
You will learn how to:
• Avoid scams when buying and selling gold
• Understand the new coin grading system
• Detect altered, counterfeit, and doctored coins
• Know how high gold and silver coins will climb in value
• Buy coins through Internet auctions–and avoid the pitfalls
• Safeguard and protect your coins from disaster
Awards and Recognition
- The Coin Collector's Survival Manual, first published in 1984 and now in its revised seventh edition, has received twelve awards from the Numismatic Literary Guild
- "The Money Connoisseur," the blog of Scott. A. Travers, won two awards from the Numismatic Literary Guild