Jamie Andrea Garzot
With 11 years of lawful cannabis industry experience, Jamie Garzot is one of California's pioneers, drawing from boots-on-the-ground experience as a state-licensed cannabis retailer, an appointed city official, and an industry advocate.
During her industry tenure, Jamie logged thousands of hours advocating for responsible cannabis regulation before the California state legislature and provided cannabis policy guidance to local governments throughout the Northern California region.
In August 2020, both of her ground-breaking businesses - 530 Cannabis and Synergy - were acquired by one of the most globally recognized name in cannabis: High Times.
Jamie remains a high-profile industry advocate, educator, and public speaker.
Her first book, Unconventional: A Memoir of Entrepreneurism, Politics, and Pot, will be available - uncoincidentally - on 4/20/22.
Jamie holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English (with an emphasis in British Literature) from San Diego State University.
She shares her life with her partner, Jim, and their ever-growing menagerie.
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 Eric Hoffer Award Grand Prize Short List
- Winner 2022 Eric Hoffer Book Award E-Book Nonfiction Category
- 2022 Independent Press Award Distinguished Favorite in the category of Business: Entrepreneurship & Small Business
- 2022 First Horizon Award Finalist
- Award-winning finalist in the 2022 International Book Awards Nonfiction Cross-Genre category