Awarded the Silver Stevie for "Mentor/Coach of the Year" by the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, Lisa Tener is an inspiring book writing and publishing coach, author, entrepreneur and speaker.
As a Creativity Catalyst, Lisa Tener is known for helping visionaries, experts, entrepreneurs, creatives, healing professionals, therapists, coaches and people from all walks of life access their juiciest ideas, write in a state of flow and do their finest work. Lisa contributed a chapter to The Creativity Workbook for Coaches and Creatives (edited by Eric Maisel and published by Routledge). She is the author of the forthcoming book The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day, which debuts on September 22, 2021.
As a Book Coach, Lisa Tener helps with all aspects of book writing: from creating your book concept to writing and editing.
Lisa is a leading authority in book proposal development, whose clients have signed 5- and 6-figure book deals with HarperCollins, Random House, Hachette, Beyond Words, New World Library, New Harbinger, St. Martin's Press, Yale University Press, Johns Hopkins University Press, HCI, New Harbinger and other major publishers, as well as self published.
Lisa Tener's clients are making a difference in the world with their books and their message. They have appeared on Oprah, Today, CBS Early Show, Good Morning America, Fresh Air, CNN, PBS, Fox News, in the New York Times and much more.
For over a dozen years, Lisa served on the faculty of Harvard Medical School's continuing education course on Writing and Publishing Books, where she taught workshops on writing, book proposals and publishing. She also taught writing and publishing workshops for Harvard Medical School's leadership course for women in healthcare.
In addition to private coaching on writing books and book proposals, developing an author platform and overcoming creative blocks, Lisa offers private courses on:
* book writing
* book proposal writing
* tapping into creativity
Her popular courses include the Stevie-Award-winning Bring Your Book to Life® Program.
The Joy of Writing Journal: Spark Your Creativity in 8 Minutes a Day
In this journal, Lisa Tener, award-winning book coach and founder of Bring Your Book to Life®, takes the simplest tool—the writing prompt—to a new level of inspiration and adventure. The Joy of Writing Journal, presents some of Lisa’s most inspiring journaling and writing ideas in a concise and easy-to-use format that is sure to inspire anyone who wants to write or journal. Plus, this journal is interactive! Inside are videos and meditations you can easily scan with your SmartPhone to get clear guidance and inspiration from Lisa and other experts and writers.
Awards and Recognition
- Stevie Award for Coach/Mentor of the Year, Stevie Award for Entrepreneur of the Year - Media - Small Business, Stevie Award for Best New Service of the Year (for Lisa's Bring Your Book to Life(R) Program), Providence Business News Women Acheivement Award, Stevie Award for Company of the Year - Media and Entertainment, small business; In addition, many of Lisa's clients have won prestigious book awards including multiple Nautilus Award Winners.
Press and Media Mentions
- The Healing Benefits of Journaling on Your Best Life, KCEN TV News with Leslie Draffin
- 8 Mood Boosters shared with Anchor Frank Mallicoat on KTVU San Francisco - get ready for a few surprises in this one!
- Organic Spa Magazine, Mental Detox, Quoted by Kristin Meekhof on a tip to declutter your mind
- Interviewed Bestselling Author Mitch Albom on "Finding Chika" for Jewish Rhode Island
- Quoted in VICE about traditional publishing by Seamus Kirst
- Quoted in MarketWatch in a story about writing coaching and writing courses by Alessandra Malito
- My most embarrassing quote ever (never assume you're off the record). On the other hand, it is the New York Times!
- How to Use Your 5 Senses to Stimulate Creative Flow: Published article on PsychologyToday.com