Spencer McKinley is an author and environmentalist. The 7th Fire is currently featured in MSN News, and 150 other respected UK publications including Reader’s Digest UK, Female First, The Scotsman, and The Star. The author supports various environmental platforms, including Cultural Survival, Conservation International, WeForest, and Oceana. In 2014, before the Covid Crisis, the author served as a CPT Delegate monitoring a biochemical contaminate discovered on First Nation Lands, in Ontario Canada. She is one of the rare outsiders to have witnessed first-hand the devastation at Treaty 3 Reserve. The catastrophe caused a political firestorm, resulting in the longest-running Blockade in Canadian history, and became known as the country’s worst environmental disaster.
Press and Media Mentions
- For author interviews and cover stories please contact their publicists: Palamedes Public Relations at: +44 (0) 208 103 6883
- THE SCOTSMAN, "Author Spencer McKinley masterly weaves multiple mysteries into a mesmerising thriller with her debut novel, The 7th Fire."
- MSN NEWS "MUST READ OF THE WEEK"
- THE STAR "Author Spencer McKinley draws upon her background as an environmentalist and social campaigner to make eco-thriller The 7th Fire such a blazing read."
- THE YORKSHIRE POST "Author Spencer McKinley’s novel The 7th Fire is driven by a race against time to stop a deadly man-made pathogen. The book was written before the Covid pandemic but the parallels make the thriller all the more impactful."
- EDINBURGH NEWS " An explosive Eco-thriller"
- FEMALE FIRST UK: Written pre-Covid, A pitch-perfect thriller for our times"
- READERS DIGEST UK, "The 7th Fire pulls you into a raw, primitive and terrifying world. This novel is fast-paced and a real page-turner."