Diane Goullard (pronounced Dee-Ahnn), nicknamed "Frenchie" handle from her ham radio days.
Professional activities include: Experienced, trained, and educated French <> English translator, proofreader, interpreter, voiceover artist, vocalist, narrator.
Professional activities in which Diane Goullard has experience include the literary and artistic domains, as well as the business domain - see https://frenchandenglish.com/translation-services/ for more details.
René Binet’s Decorative Sketches, Architecture and Design Influenced by Nature in Early 20th-Century Paris, Dover Publishing
French > English translation, by Diane Goullard, of René Binet’s Decorative Sketches, Architecture and Design Influenced by Nature in Early 20th-Century Paris.
Âme Qui Survit, © French translation 2020 Diane Goullard, Authorized translation of Soul Survivor, © 2004 Mary Ross Smith2020
Diary of a Robot, by Lewis Jenkins, Published by Author2019
Eight Months In Provence, by Diane Covington-Carter, Marshall & McClintic Publishing2018
Finding Gilbert, by Diane Covington-Carter, Marshall & McClintic Publishing2018
WWII handwritten diary, by Jean-Pierre Trébot, Private printing, not for publication2017
War Pilot Memoirs: A Mirror on 1939, by Jacques Drabier, SereyJones Publishing2010
Beyond Words, Getting to the Heart of Communication in One or More Languages for the 21st Century, by Diane Goullard, Author House Publishing2004
Awards and Recognition
- Diane Goullard, winner of the Judith Radke Award for excellence in translation, for her translation of selections of Maurice Denis's journal from French into English.
Press and Media Mentions
- After Radke's death, her sister and several friends established the Judith Radke Award in Translation to encourage students to pursue excellence in translation. The first winner of the prize was Diane Goullard in 2010, for her translation of selections of Maurice Denis's journal from French into English.
- Entry to the UN competition 2010
- Father's Day: A Valley Woman's Unique Approach
- Translation and the Arts - Surprising Mélange, by Diane Goullard
- Diane Goullard – Maurice Denis (1870-1943). Leçons de l'Italie, d'après son journal (Français) | Lessons from Italy, based on his Journal (English)
- Arizona coordinator for the Dictée des Amériques 2003-2011