Lisa H. Owens, a former monthly humorist columnist, resides in North Texas with two rescue dogs, a lone surviving air-plant named Claw and a work-from-home job as an environmental compliance coordinator. Her first published story was a true horror about the time she was nearly abducted by Ted Bundy while her family temporarily resided at a shady motel in Pensacola Florida in 1978.
Her work has been featured on Black Hare Press, The World of Myth Magazine, Black Ink Fiction, The Drabble, Globe Soup, Beneath the Surface News, Spillwords, WOW! (Women on Writing), International Lockdown Journal, Horror Tree’s Dark Nowhere Series, Short Story Avenue, The NZ Dream, Short Story Town, Coping Magazine and narrated on Creepy Pod podcast and The Poet’s Lounge—a channel on YouTube.
Lisa also has a plethora of short stories and poems published in anthologies of various genres, was included in “Who’s Who of Emerging Writers, 2021,” and was featured as one of Black Ink Fiction’s “Women in Horror, 2022.” Her stories are typically inspired by true events, often including private jokes and family nicknames. Read more of her work at www.lisahowens.com.
Journeys: The Writer's Journey Blog Anthology
Lisa H. Owens contributor of three short stories:
▪︎Digging to China
▪︎Thank You for Choosing BOSSJourneys
▪︎Christmas in Four Parts
Elaine Marie Carnegie-Padgett and Stone Pony Publishing present: A tribute to 42 authors, the authors of The Writer's Journey Blog. This Anniversary Edition of short stories and poetry will take you on Journeys by train and plane, through Spain and to China. From heaven to hell, ride along on the unlikely journeys of a cow, a friendship, and a tureen of soup. Journey through the mind and heart, through time and space. One journey with no end, and yet another ... with no beginning.
(Proceeds donated to Doctors Without Borders)
Year Five Dark Moments and Patreon2023
Flights of Fantasy2023
No One Should Kiss A Frog: Love Gone Wrong Anthology2023
Land of 10,000 Nightmares: Minnesota Tales of Terror2023
Midsummer Madness 20232023
Run Rabbit Run2023
Love Me, Love Me Not2023
Encore: Poems Collected by Jimmy Broccoli2023
Galaxy #5, #7, #9, #10, #122022-2023
Poetica #4, #5, #7, #12 #132022-2023
Journeys II: Out of This World & Journeys III: Over the Waters2022-2023
Beautiful in the Eye of the Beholder2022
Year Four Dark Moments and Patreon Anthology2022
Unwelcomed: Stories of Hauntings and Possessions2022
Out of Time: True Paranormal Encounters2022
Jewels in the Queen's Crown: The Best of the Best2022
Movement: Our Bodies in Motion2022
Thuggish Itch: By the Seaside2022
Awards and Recognition
- Listed in "Who's Who of Emerging Writers 2021"
- Finalist in Owl Canyon Press Hackathon 2023 - CoAuthored with Dawn DeBraal - Redeeming Angel Shaw (featured in the anthology)
- Finalist: Globe Soup 7-Day Writing Competition #5 - Love and a Three-Layer Cake (Humor Genre)
- Honorable Mention: Globe Soup 7-Day Writing Competition #6 - The Haunting of a Cracked Window (Paranormal Genre)
- Honorable Mention: Globe Soup 7-Day Writing Competition #7 - A Story Told a Thousand Times (Chick-Lit Genre)
- Best in Genre: Globe Soup 7-Day Writing Competition #8 - The Delivery (Gangster Genre)
- Runner-Up/Best in Genre: Globe Soup 7-Day Writing Competition #9 - The Revival (Satire Genre)
- Finalist: Globe Soup 7-Day Writing Competition #10 - The Psychic (Crime Genre)
- Finalist WOW! (Women on Writing) Q4-2019 Creative Nonfiction Essay Contest - Invisible Wounds
- Second-Place WOW (Women on Writing) Q-4 2020 Nonfiction Social Justice Essay "What You Can Do in 8 Minutes and 46 Seconds" (the murder of George Floyd)