Brett Riley, a Professor of English at the College of Southern Nevada, is the author of The Subtle Dance of Impulse and Light (Ink Brush Press), Comanche (Imbrifex Books, September 2020), Lord of Order (2021), and Freaks (2022). His short fiction has appeared in journals such as The Baltimore Review, f(r)iction, Solstice, Folio, The Evansville Review, and many others. His nonfiction has appeared in Role Reboot, Rougarou, Green Hills Literary Lantern, Literary Orphans, Under the Gum Tree, Wild Violet, and Foliate Oak Magazine. He lives in Las Vegas with his wife, his youngest daughter, two cats, and one dog.
Follow Brett on Twitter and Instagram: @brettwrites. Find him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BrettRileyAuthor. Peruse his website: http://officialbrettriley.com/.
Awards and Recognition
- Grand Prize Winner in the Horror/Sci-Fi genre, New York Screenplay Contest, 2014--CANDY'S FIRST KISS
- Third Place, 2014 London Film Awards Screenwriting Competition--CANDY'S FIRST KISS
- Gold Prize Winner, Horror genre, 2014 Beverly Hills Screenplay Contest--CANDY'S FIRST KISS
- Honorable Mention, 2014 WeScreenplay International Screenwriting Competition--CANDY'S FIRST KISS
- Grand Prize in Horror, 2015 Hollywood Screenplay Contest--CANDY'S FIRST KISS