Christopher Zoukis is the Managing Director of the Zoukis Consulting Group, a federal prison consultancy specializing in federal prison preparation, resolution of in-prison matters, and reentry success.
His books include Directory of Federal Prisons (Middle Street Publishing, 2020), Federal Prison Handbook (Middle Street Publishing, 2017), Prison Education Guide (PLN Publishing, 2016), and College for Convicts: The Case for Higher Education in American Prisons (McFarland & Company, 2014).
Mr. Zoukis has both contributed articles to, and been interviewed by, a broad selection of media outlets, including USA Today, The Washington Post, Huffington Post, New York Daily News, Detroit Free Press, Prison Legal News, Criminal Legal News, Truth-Out, Think Progress, CNN, Fox News, and others. He also reviews books for the New York Journal of Books.
Mr. Zoukis has a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies (Business Administration and Legal Studies) and a Masters of Business Administration from Adams State University. Also from ASU, he earned a Certificate in Paralegal Studies, Advanced Certificate in Paralegal Studies, and an Employment Law Certificate. He is currently a student at the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he is on the boards of the Criminal Law Association, Students Against Mass Incarceration, and the Trial Practice Honors Boards.
Mr. Zoukis has been recognized by a large number of legal, book, and writing organizations for his expertise. His Federal Prison Handbook has enjoyed a number of awards and recognitions:
-Foreword Magazine: Social Sciences Indie Book of the Year (3rd Place)
-IndieReader Nonfiction Discovery Award (3rd Place)
-Next Generation Indie Book Awards: Nonfiction Award
-Colorado Independent Book Publishing Awards: Nonfiction Shortlist
-National Indie Excellence Awards: Nonfiction Award
-Readers Favorite Book Awards: Gold Medal, General Nonfiction
-Chanticleer Book Awards: Instructional & Insightful Nonfiction Award
-Eric Hoffer Book Awards: Montaigne Medal Finalist
-Feathered Quill Book Awards: Nonfiction Informational Category (2nd Place)
In 2018, Mr. Zoukis was named a finalist for the Society of Professional Journalists' Mark of Excellence Award. In 2016, his Prison Law Blog was named a Top Law Blawg by the American Bar Association. In 2014, his book College for Convicts was the recipient of the Eric Hoffer Book Award's Montaigne Medal for the most thought-provoking book of the year. And in 2012, he was recognized in the Pen America Center's prison writing contest.
To learn more about Mr. Zoukis and his work, please visit https://www.prisonerresource.com or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Awards and Recognition
- Society of Professional Journalists (2018): Mark of Excellence finalist
- Foreword Reviews Book Awards (2018): Indie Book of the Year finalist, for FEDERAL PRISON HANDBOOK
- Eric Hoffer Book Awards (2018): Montaigne Medal finalist, for FEDERAL PRISON HANDBOOK
- Feathered Quill Book Awards (2018): Nonfiction award, for FEDERAL PRISON HANDBOOK
- Indie Reader Discovery Award (2017): Nonfiction award, for FEDERAL PRISON HANDBOOK
- Readers’ Favorite Book Awards (2017): Gold medal, general nonfiction, for FEDERAL PRISON HANDBOOK
- American Bar Association's Top 100 Law Blawgs (2016): for Prison Law Blog
- Eric Hoffer Book Awards (2015): Montaigne Medal, for COLLEGE FOR CONVICTS
- Pen America Center, Writing Awards (2012): Fiction and Drama