Tracy Beckerman writes the syndicated humor column, LOST IN SUBURBIA®, which is carried weekly by the More Content Now features division of Gatehouse Media/Gannett and the newspapers of the Halston Media Group. Through More Content Now, her column is distributed to over 600 community publications and 555 local market websites that reach more that 21 million people in 39 states. Tracy is also the author of the humor book, “Lost in Suburbia: A Momoir. How I Got Pregnant, Lost Myself, and Got My Cool Back in the New Jersey Suburbs” (Perigee Books, 2013). Her first book, “Rebel without a Minivan: Observations on Life in the ‘Burbs,” was released in 2008. Additionally, she is a contributor to the humor compilation, “See Mom Run: Side-Splitting Essays from the World’s Most Harried Moms” and the anthology, “Fifty Shades of Funny: Hook ups, Break Ups and Crack Ups.”
Tracy has also a contributed to the Huffington Post, Working Mother Magazine, Buzzfeed, and other online sites. She has spoken at numerous blog conferences, universities, and women’s groups about being a stay-at-home mom, losing your identity, and reinventing yourself, as well as many industry conferences on the topics of syndication, branding, and humor writing. She has appeared on The Today Show, The CBS Early Show, Better TV, Good Day NY, and CBS Sunday Morning, and numerous radio programs. She has won a Writer’s Guild of America Award and a New York EMMY® for her writing, is a past recipient of the Erma Bombeck Global Humor Writers Award, and was selected as America’s Top Blogger by The Balancing Act on Lifetime Television. Most recently she was featured in a story in about Erma Bombeck and the Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop on CBS Sunday Morning. She is the Vice President of the National Society of Newspaper Columnists Education Foundation and a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, Society of Professional Journalists, and Journalism and Women’s Symposium. She has been on the faculty of the University of Dayton's Erma Bombeck Writers’ Workshop since 2008.
Awards and Recognition
- Erma Bombeck Global Humor Award, Writer’s Guild of America, New York Emmy, The Balancing Act of Lifetime Television’s America’s Top Blogger
Press and Media Mentions
- Humorist Tracy Beckerman: How a Singing Gorilla Became Lost in Suburbia
- Lost in Suburbia': A mother recounts struggle to regain her cool in new 'momoir'
- New Providence's own Tracy Beckerman featured on CBS Sunday Morning
- Tracy Beckerman: 'Lost in Suburbia'
- Interview With Tracy Beckerman, Author of Lost in Suburbia: A Momoir
- ‘Lost In Suburbia’ Author Talks ‘Burb Life On The Couch
- Life Lessons: Tracy Beckerman
- Tracy Beckerman Finds Her Writing Voice While 'Lost in Suburbia'