LISA BLUME has been a principal and executive producer of public service media and research projects for more than thirty years, focused on hunger, child and maternal health, education, environmental protection, and numerous socially beneﬁcial eﬀorts. Her projects have been supported in the past by the White House, members of Congress, and local governments and agencies. Her public service campaigns have been honored by Women in Film Nell Shipman Awards, Addy Awards, Telly Awards, The New York Festivals, London International Advertising Awards, Global Awards, and others. In recent years, her primary focus has been on issues of global sustainability and ensuring basic needs, rights, and protection for all children. This is the author’s first novel. She lives with her husband in Seattle.
Awards and Recognition
- The Santa Fe Writer’s Project Literary Awards featured Little Girl Leaving in the Longlist Awards Program.
- Little Girl Leaving is a recipient of the B.R.A.G. Medallion.
- The Finalist Award for Outstanding Literary General Fiction from the Independent Authors Network was given to Little Girl Leaving by Lisa Blume.
- The Kindle Book Review Award recognized Little Girl Leaving with a Finalist Award for Best Literary Fiction.
- The UK Wishing Shelf Awards honored Little Girl Leaving with a Finalist Award.
- The Eric Hoffer Book Awards Grand Prize Shortlist included Little Girl Leaving.
- Little Girl Leaving, by Lisa Blume, has been selected a Finalist for three additional Eric Hoffer Book Awards, The Montaigne Medal for most thought-provoking book, and the da Vinci Eye for cover art. And the First Horizon Award for best books by debut author. “This small list of finalists is an honored distinction” announced prior to the Eric Hoffer Award Grand Prize.
- Little Girl Leaving, by Lisa Blume, won The Bill Fisher Silver Award for Best First Book (Fiction) from the IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards for 2019 recognizing excellence in book editorial and design and regarded as one of the highest national honors for independent publishers.