Michael A. Davi was professionally employed by General Electric for 40 years. His career began and ended with Services Engineering roles and in between there were some most unusual assignments. Often these assignments involved working with top expertise in the company. Gas turbines, primarily industrial power generation equipment, but sometimes including GE aircraft engines, played a prominent role in his career. GE's global power generation business afforded Michael worldwide travel opportunities, exciting work, stellar educational options and great camaraderie with excellent people. Now retired and living in Niskayuna, NY, Michael has written his first book, "PrivileGEd –Experiences From My Unusual 40-year Career With One of America's Most Iconic Companies" to document his story. The book prologue begins with his four immigrant grandparents, who all happened to work for GE at various times. The main story line is brimming with fascinating characters, global adventure, drama, success, tragedy, disappointments and rebounds - all real life experiences! Hopefully the success he experienced will be an inspiration to younger folks to consider technical careers and perhaps also to others to share their own stories.
PrivileGEd - Experiences From My Unusual 40-Year Careere with One of America's Most Iconic Companies
Michael Davi's new memoir "PrivileGEd" describes his most unusual engineeing career with General Electric. Fate and circumstances afforded him opportunites denied others, as he became the first in his family to graduate college with an engineering degree. Education was the crucial break he needed to open doors of opportunity never dreamed of by him or his four immigrant grandparents, each of whom was employed by GE at a point in their lives.
Extraordinary work assignments, business travel to four continents, flights aboard corporate jets and the privilege to work alongside some of the top talent in GE are all part of the story. "PrivileGEd" is an eye-opening, upbeat story told from an insider perspective within one of the worlds' best know corporations. Filled with interesting, uncanny experiences and real characters Michael's tale promises to keep readers engaged following his successes, failures, rebounds and perseverance over an incredible career in his quest for the "American Dream".
PrivileGEd - Experiences From My Unusual 40-year Career With One of America's Most Iconic Companies2018
Press and Media Mentions
- PrivileGEd author Michael Davi was mentioned as part of the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 manned lunar landing as he constructed this Saturn V model to commemorate the event.
- Third party "PrivileGEd" review by Prof. Martin Strosberg for the Schenectady County Historical Society - June 2019.
- News article on "PrivileGEd" in Schenectady Daily Gazette, March 24, 2019
- Video "Meet-the-Author" Interview with Michael A. Davi, author of "PrivileGEd" for Public Access TV recorded at William K. Sanford Colonie Public Library (approx. 30 min.)
- "PrivileGEd" author Michael Davi was the guest on Bob Cudmore's "The Historians" radio podcast on March 23, 2019. Listen to the broadcast here....