Jode Susan Millman
Jodé is a life long resident of Poughkeepsie, New York, which serves as the setting for her legal suspense novels. In her writing, she draws upon her many years as an attorney to capture the tensions that arise when a small community is rocked by tragedy.
Author of the best-selling SEATS: NEW YORK Theatre guidebook, her debut thriller novel, “The Midnight Call”, will released by Immortal Works Publishing in 2019. “The Midnight Call” was short-listed for the 2014 Clue Award and received the First Place Blue Ribbon as “Best Police Procedural” by Chantireviews.com.
She received her BA and JD from Syracuse University, and while studying at NYU Law School she served as a contributing editor to “The Kaminstein Legislative History Project: A Compendium and Analytical Index of Materials Leading to the Copyright Act of l976." Concentrating on law and literature, Jodé obtained her MA in English Literature from Eastern Michigan University, and has taught at Detroit Mercy Law School and Marist College.
Presently, she co-hosts and co-produces Backstage with the Bardavon Podcast which invites the listener backstage for intimate conversations with musicians and performers appearing at the Bardavon 1869 Opera House in Poughkeepsie, N.Y. and UPAC in Kingston, NY. The podcast is available on Itunes, Spotify and GooglePlay.
Jode is a member of Mystery Writers of America, International Thriller Writers, Sisters In Crime and Romance Writers of America. Her legal column can be found in InSincC, The Sisters in Crime Quarterly.
Awards and Recognition
- 2020 Bronze Ippy Award - Independent Book Publishers
- Short-listed for the 2019 Clue Award
- Third Place - Suspense - 2019 Write Touch Readers Award - Wisconsin RWA
- Finalist - 2019 Golden Quill Award - Mainstream -Desert Rose RWA
- Finalist - 2019 National Readers Choice Award - Oklahoma RWA
- The Midnight Call - Short-listed for 2014 Clue Award, and won First Place Ribbon for Best Police Procedural.
Press and Media Mentions
- Front page article about "The Midnight Call" and it's inspiration from a true life 1978 crime.
- USA Today Network "must read" 2019 Beach Read
- Crimespreemag.com feature - Five Things with Jode Millman
- Booktrib.com - Anatomy of a Debut Thriller
- Suspense Magazine - Beyond the Cover with Special Guest Jode Millman
- Books and Buzz Magazine - The "juicy" crimes of Jode Millman
- The Thrill Begins - Debut Authors 2019
- Chantireviews.com - The Midnight Call
- Thriller Magazine - The Big Thrill - The Midnight Call