I started my writing career with Richard Curtis as my agent--great beginning, great mentor. Wrote thirteen genre books, and a couple of dark ones: The Real Connection and The Assistance of Vice.
After time off when I thought I wanted to use my psychology degree, I didn’t stop writing: screenplays and books. Scripts are optioned, and book Invisible Soft Return:\ is a Lambda Literary Award Finalist.
In the works now, an overdue memoir of the time with my friend Sam Wagstaff:
The Sam Story --when cocaine wasn’t addictive, and AIDS was only a whisper--.
Until You See Me
Why does a woman admit to a murder so horrible the body can’t even be identified as a man or a woman? —Because it’s better than what she really did.
It was the crime of the decade in 1932. Grotesque. And it really happened, although not quite this way. The twist is modern: if everyone thinks about death, no one will ask about love—who you should never love, and why.
Invisible Soft Return:\2017
The Assistance of Vice2017
Awards and Recognition
- Invisible Soft Return:\ --Lambda Literary Award Finalist
- script Burning Women --Nicholl top ten percent. --Optioned
- script The Hollywood Fly --Screencraft Competition, quarterfinalist. --Optioned
- F*STOP --screened in 47 festivals globally (The Assistance of Vice, film adaptation)
- Until You See Me is being optioned for adaptation to a screenplay.