Thomas Lloyd Qualls
Thomas Lloyd Qualls is a writer, a condition that is apparently incurable. He lives and writes in the high desert beauty of Northern Nevada, along with the children’s author, Lynell Garfield, and their son August. He is a former copywriter, a licensed attorney who has overturned two death sentences, and a one-time vagabond who regularly wandered the globe with a backpack and three changes of clothes.
Thomas is also the co-creator of several video storytelling projects and the former owner of a music festival, as well as a sometimes painter and a contributor of words to Rebelle Society, Wild Heart Writers, and Reno Tahoe Tonight Magazine.
With all these projects, he seeks to build bridges between people and to foster positive curiosity about each other and this beautiful crazy world. You can follow his trail of words and his other misadventures at www.tlqonline.com.
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 Landmark Prize for Fiction (Painted Oxen)
- 2019 Silver Nautilus Award
- 2019 American Fiction Awards : Winner - Best New Fiction
- 2019 CIPA EVVY Awards : Silver - Spiritual Fiction + Bronze - Literary Fiction
- 2019 Next Generation Indie Book Awards : Finalist - Inspirational Fiction
- 2020 National Indie Excellence Award for Visionary Fiction