Captain Mike Whitehead is the host of Boathouse TV & Radio Shows, newspaper columnist, book author, and popular Keynote Speaker. Hails from Southern California where you can usually find him on the water, broadcasting a show, or speaking at an event. Mike is well-known in the boating world as a professional Captain who has years of experience especially upon the high seas plus an expert guest invited on other shows to discuss maritime topics and incidents. His TV show has been broadcasted from Coast to Coast with stations such as FOX Sports, Comcast, Times Warner, Hawaiian TV, Cox Cable, and others. His coast to coast radio show is the most popular boating radio talk in the nation having been on 50,000 watt stations from Salem Communications to the Los Angeles Angels Radio station, and across the nation.
Awards and Recognition
- Los Angeles Times’ Daily Pilot included Capt. Mike in its annual 103 most influential people.
- Two Times Educational Videos Award Winning
- Official “Voice” and Announcer for the Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade, hailed as one of the top 10 Holiday events in Nation that attracted over 1 million viewers annual.
- Celebrity host for Public Service Announcements and Educational Videos.
Press and Media Mentions
- Southern California Talk Host Given Local Honor. Captain Mike Whitehead, host of “The Boathouse Radio Show” is honored by the Costa Mesa Daily Pilot by being included on its annual “103 Most Influential People of Newport Beach and Costa Mesa.” Whitehead is a fixture in the community and a boating columnist for the Newport Beach Independent. “Captain Mike has been a big part of Newport Beach and Costa Mesa for many years and we’re thrilled to see him receive this outstanding honor.”