Ashley Elllington Brown
Ashley Ellington Brown is author of the multiple-award-winning guide A Beautiful Morning: How a Morning Ritual Can Feed Your Soul and Transform Your Life. Ashley’s own morning ritual inspired her to write the book in order to share this powerful tool with others.
She grew up in New Orleans (a city which still holds her heart--and stomach) and worked as an advertising copywriter and account executive, book editor, and employee communications manager for the world’s third-largest death care firm before becoming a freelance writer in 2000. Ashley also writes the blog “Joy Detectives” about her never-ending quest to find joy in both the everyday and the extraordinary.
Additionally, she is a founding member of the Creation Co-op, a community of women pursuing freedom and wholeness through authentic connection, mindfulness, and artistic play and exploration. Her writing has appeared in Yoga Journal, Thrive Global, The Daily Positive, The Red Tricycle, The Eden Magazine, One Breath Magazine, and the anthology Song of Ourself: Voices in Unison. She lives in Florida with her husband and son.
Awards and Recognition
- Gold Medal, 2019 IBPA Benjamin Franklin Awards; Gold Medal, 2018 FAPA President's Awards; Honorable Mention, 2018 Writer's Digest Self-Published Book Awards; Finalist, 2018 Best Book Awards
Press and Media Mentions
- Readers Favorite 5-star review
- No Quit Living podcast interview (Episode 153, 9/27/18)
- Kirkus Reviews
- The Corner on Character article and review
- A Beautiful Morning excerpt on Thrive Global
- Booked for Life India review
- Review and article on Lotte Laib blog (in German)
- Self-Publishing Review 4-star review