Liza Nash Taylor lives and writes in an old farmhouse in Keswick, Virginia, with one husband and three dogs. Her debut historical novels, ETIQUETTE FOR RUNAWAYS and IN ALL GOOD FAITH are represented by Mark Gottlieb at Trident Media Group and will be published starting August 2020 with Blackstone Publishing.
In 2018, she received an MFA from Vermont College of Fine Arts and was named a Hawthornden International Fellow. Her work has appeared in Microchondria II, a flash fiction anthology published by the Harvard Bookstore; Deep South Magazine, Bluestem Magazine, Ekphrastic, Rum Punch Press, The Copperfield Review, The Seven Hills Review, Gargoyle Magazine #66, The Loch Raven Review, and is forthcoming in Four Elements Anthology of Short Fiction. One of her short stories won the San Miguel Writer’s Conference Fiction Prize in 2016 and is published on their website.
Chapter Eight- ETIQUETTE FOR RUNAWAYS
The Copperfield Review is an online literary magazine connected to a publisher of Historical Fiction called Copperfield Press. An excerpted chapter from my first novel manuscript appears in their Summer 2016 issue. http://copperfieldreview.com/?s=Liza+Nash+Taylor
IN ALL GOOD FAITH- a novelforthcoming 2021
ETIQUETTE FOR RUNAWAYS- a novelforthcoming 2020
The Matron Amphibicides (short story)2019
Olympic Pancake (short story)2017 forthcoming
Confab (short story)2017
In All Good Faith (novel excerpt)2017
Mrs. Walker (short story)2016
ETIQUETTE FOR RUNAWAYS (novel chapter)2016
Bad Dog (essay)2015
The Hunting Museum (short story)2015
Scrapbook (flash fiction)2015
Brainfreeze (short story)2015
Awards and Recognition
- Faulkner Society Faulkner-Wisdom Competition 2019 semi-finalist, novel category.- for a second manuscript, IN ALL GOOD FAITH, In 2017, it was a was a semi-finalist in the Novel-in-Progress category.
- Hawthornden International Fellow, March-April, 2018, Lasswade, Scotland.
- Faulkner-Wisdom Creative Writing Contest 2018- Finalist, novel category: ETIQUETTE FOR RUNAWAYS (formerly titled "The Thin End of the Wedge")
- Second place: Seven Hills Literary Contest (Novel Excerpt Division) 2017 IN ALL GOOD FAITH.
- Winner, San Miguel Writer's Conference Fiction Prize, 2016.
- Finalist, New Millenium Writings Awards #43. Short story category, 2017.
- Shortlisted, Four Elements Anthology of Short Fiction, 2017. Short story category.
- Finalist, New Millenium Writings Awards#41. 2016. Short story.
- Finalist, Southern Writer's Symposium Emerging Writer's Contest, 2015. Short story category.
- Finalist, Ruminate Magazine Van Dyke Prize, 2015. Short story category.