Xio Axelrod is a USA TODAY bestselling author of romantic fiction, contemporary romance, and what she likes to call "strange, twisted tales." Xio grew up in the music industry and began recording at a young age. When she isn’t writing stories, she can be found in the studio, writing songs, or performing on international stages (under a different, no-so-secret name). She lives in Philadelphia with one full-time husband and several part-time cats.
Girls with Bad Reputations
All her life, Kayla heard the same refrain: Don't be so loud. Don't act so wild. Don't take up so much space. Now she's the beating heart of an up-and-coming rock band…and the whole world is going to know her name.
Once upon a time, the pressure to be the perfect daughter nearly broke Kayla Whitman. Desperate to find an outlet away from her controlling mother, she picked up a pair of drumsticks, forever altering the rhythm of her life. Since then, she's been determined to make her own way, finding her home with her bandmates even as she fights to keep her past and her present firmly separate.
Things were simple enough when the Lillys were playing local gigs at dive bars, but now they're on their first official tour—and all Kayla can see are warning signs. Desperate to escape the worry churning inside her, Kayla finds solace in quiet tour bus driver Ty Baldwin…and discovers in him a kindred spirit like no one she's ever met before.
Their connection is immediate and intense, but when increasing scrutiny from the press threatens to destroy Ty's newfound peace and Kayla's carefully guarded secrets, Kayla's forced to make an impossible choice: pursue her dream and risk destroying everyone around her? Or give in and lose the chance of ever becoming the person she's always known she could be.
Love on the Byline2023
The Girl with Stars in Her Eyes2021
Frankie and Johnny: Let the Music Play2020
When Frankie Meets Johnny2019
The Warm Up2017
Awards and Recognition
- 2022 RUSA & Media Book Awards Reading List - Short List Selection for Romance
- 2022 RSJ Emma Awards Finalist - Best Commercial Romance
- 2021 Target Diverse Book Club Pick - May
- 2021 Amazon Editors' Best Romance Books - May
- 2021 Book of the Month Add-On Title - May
- 2021 Passionate Plume Award for Best Novella
- 2018 RONE Winner - Contemporary Romance
- 2018 Passionate Plume - Finalist
- 2016 Readers Favorite - Finalist
- 2015 Readers Favorite - Honorable Mention
Press and Media Mentions
- 8 romance books for the Anti-Valentine's Day crowd Valentine's Day can be a bummer but these romances will put a smile on your face. - Culturess
- Exclusive Cover Reveal + Excerpt: Girls with Bad Reputations, the Second installment In the Lillys Series - Paste Magazine
- Read An Excerpt From ‘Love on the Byline’ by Xio Axelrod - Nerd Daily
- Romance novels to read this summer - Washington Post
- PW review of The Girl with Stars in Her Eyes (top 10 pick)
- Entertainment Weekly: cover reveal and first look at The Girl with Stars in Her Eyes