Joseph A Michelli
Joseph A. Michelli, Ph.D., C.S.P., is an internationally sought-after speaker, author, and organizational consultant who transfers his knowledge of exceptional business practices in ways that develop joyful and productive workplaces with a focus on customer experience. His insights encourage leaders and frontline workers to grow and invest passionately in all aspects of their lives.
Dr. Michelli is a Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Publishers Weekly, Nielson BookScan, and New York Times #1 bestselling author. His 10 books include:
- The Airbnb Way: 5 Leadership Lessons for Igniting Growth through Loyalty, Community and Belonging
- Driven to Delight: Delivering World-Class Customer Experience the Mercedes-Benz Way.
- Leading The Starbucks Way: 5 Principles for Connecting with Your Customer, Your Products, and Your People,
- The Zappos Experience: 5 Principles to Inspire Engage and WOW,
- Prescription for Excellence: Leadership Lessons for Creating a World-Class Customer Experience from UCLA Health System,
- The Starbucks Experience: 5 Principles for Turning Ordinary into Extraordinary,
- The New Gold Standard: 5 Leadership Principles for Creating a Legendary Customer Experience Courtesy of The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company,
- When Fish Fly: Lessons for Creating a Vital and Energized Workplace which was co-authored with the owner of the "World-Famous" Pike Place Fish Market in Seattle,
- The MindChamps Way: How to turn an Idea into a Global Movement,
- Humor, Play and Laughter: Stress-proofing Life with your Kids
Joseph holds the Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association (NSA). He is a member of the Authors Guild, an editorial board member for the Beryl Institute's Patient Experience Journal (PXJ), and is on the founders' council of CustomerExperienceOne. Other achievements include winning the Asian Brand Excellence Award and being named as one of the Top 10 thought leaders in Customer Service by Global Gurus. He received his master's and doctorate from the University of Southern California.
Having journeyed with a close family member through a six-year battle with breast cancer, Dr. Michelli is committed to social causes associated with curing cancer and abating world hunger.