Once a clinical financial analyst at Stanford University School of Medicine, in 2006 Linda took the plunge and moved, with her four rescue dogs, to an island off the coast of Maine. Chebeague Island, year-round pop. 350, is the largest unconnected island in Casco Bay and, after living there for a few years, she penned her first novel, MATEGUAS ISLAND. MATEGUAS, the setting of which is quite similar to Chebeague, has, since publication, received several awards for excellence and was followed by the sequel, RETURN TO MATEGUAS ISLAND, and the third book in the series, GHOSTS OF MATEGUAS. Linda left Chebeague in 2013, moving to Muskegon, Michigan for a brief sojourn and, in late 2016, relocated to Sedona, Arizona with her two remaining dogs, Splatter and Spudley. When not writing, she spends her time hiking the red rocks, walking dogs at the local Humane Society, and, generally, enjoying life. She has recently published a literary, coming-of-age novel, SUMMER GIRL and a novella, SARAH & ZOEY. She has completed a Gothic mystery, entitled, STORM ISLAND, and is working on another book related to that novel.
A firm believer in animal welfare, Linda has established a private charitable trust, "The Raison d'être Fund for Dogs: Dedicated to Rescue and Research" into which all net profits from The Mateguas Island Series have been donated.
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 BEA Finalist in Thrillers (Ghosts of Mateguas)
- 2017 Finalist in Horror/Suspense, IAN Book of the Year Awards (Ghosts of Mateguas)
- 2014 Gold Medal in Supernatural Fiction, Readers Favorite International Book Award Contest (Mateguas Island)
- 2014 Outstanding Novel in Horror/Suspense, IAN Book of the Year Awards (Mateguas Island)
- 2014 First Place Award in Contemporary Gothic Fiction, Chanticleer Book Review Paranormal Awards (Mateguas Island)
- 2015 Finalist in Horror, Readers Favorite International Book Awards (Return to Mateguas Island)
- 2015 Finalist in Horror/Suspense, IAN Book of the Year Awards (Return to Mateguas Island)
- 2015 First Place Award in Contemporary Gothic Fiction, Chanticleer Book Review Paranormal Awards (Return to Mateguas Island)