Michael Thomas Barry
Michael Thomas Barry is the critically acclaimed author of eight traditionally published nonfiction books on varied subjects. He was born in Chicago, grew up in Wheeling, Illinois, and currently resides in Orange, California with his wife, Christyn, and their Bernedoodle puppy Teddy.
The author is an alumnus of the California State University, Fullerton with degrees in history and criminal justice. He is a member of the Phi Alpha Theta history honor society.
A former columnist for CrimeMagazine.com (2012-2017), Michael penned the weekly column “This Week in Crime History.” Currently, he is a staff reviewer for the New York Journal of Books.
Barry has made numerous TV and radio appearances that include Investigation Discovery Channel’s “Deadly Women and True Nightmares” TV series and PBS SoCal’s “Real Orange.” Other literary memberships include The Mystery Writers of America and the International Federation of Journalists.
Awards and Recognition
- 2017 Independent Publisher Book Award - Bronze Medal for best regional nonfiction
- 2011,2013, 2014, & 2015 Readers' Favorite International Book Awards - Silver, Gold & Finalist
- 2012, 2014 & 2015 Next Generation Indie Book Awards - Finalist
- 2012 National Indie Excellence Book Awards - Finalist, true crime
- 2012 & 2013 International Book Awards - Winner, true crime & history general
- 2013 Beverly Hills Book Awards - Winner, arts & entertainment
- 2014 London Book Festival - Runner-up finalist, nonfiction history