Margaret Verble is the author of four novels. Her first, Maud’s Line, was a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 2016. Her second novel, Cherokee America, won the Spur Award for Best Traditional Western in 2019, was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year, and a finalist for the Reading the West Adult Fiction Award. When Two Feathers Fell from the Sky, her third novel, was selected by Booklist as one of the Ten Best Novels of 2021. Stealing, her next novel, will be released in Feb. of 2023. Margaret is a citizen of the Cherokee Nation and lives in Lexington, KY.
Awards and Recognition
- Finalist, Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2016
- Winner, Spur Award for Best Western, 2019
- NY Times Notable Book of the Year, 2019
- Finalist, Reading the West Adult Fiction Award, 2019
- Booklist: 10 Best Adult Novels of 2021