Adria Bernardi’s publications include an oral history, a collection of literary essays, a collection of short stories, two novels, and eight translations from the Italian. Her work has been awarded the Bakeless Prize for Fiction, the Drue Heinz Literature Prize, and the Raiziss/DePalchi Translation Award. Her novel, Benefit Street, was awarded the 2021 FC2 Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Award and is forthcoming in 2022 from The University of Alabama Press.
Awards and Recognition
- 2021 FC2 Catherine Doctorow Innovative Fiction Prize
- 2014 Independent Publisher Book Bronze Award, essay/creative nonfiction, Dead Meander
- 2007 Raiziss/DePalchi Translation Award
- 2000 Drue Heinz Literature Prize in Fiction
- 1999 Katharine Bakeless Nason Prize for Fiction