ERICA JONG is a poet, novelist and essayist whose works have been influential all over the world. Her first novel Fear of Flying, never out of print, has sold 27 million copies from the U.S.A and Europe to Russia, Turkey, China, Japan, Korea and the rest of Asia. Fear of Flying has just celebrated its 40th Anniversary with new editions in many languages.
ERICA JONG’s forthcoming novel, FEAR OF DYING will appear on September 8th, 2015 from St. Martin’s Press in the U.S and by Bompiani in Italy. Other editions will follow in Germany, France, China, Turkey, the U.K and markets worldwide.
Fear of Flying is currently being made into a movie. Other books by ERICA JONG are being adapted for television and film.
1. Fear of Flying (1973) First published novel, but not first book. EJ published 2 books of poetry with Holt, Fruits & Vegetables, 1971, and Half-Lives, 1973.
2. How to Save Your Own Life (1977) Isadora & Bennett break up. She falls madly in love with Josh & moves to Malibu, CA. Fiction & Love Poetry Coda.
3. Fanny: Being the True History of the Adventures of Fanny Hackabout-Jones (1980) What if Tom Jones had been a woman--18th century picaresque romp!
4. Parachutes & Kisses (1984) Isadora divorced and FREE? Maybe.
5. Shylock's Daughter (formerly Serenissima) (1987) Shakespearian Fantasy set in Venice. Heroine an actress of a certain age. Time travel.
6. Any Woman's Blues (1990) Leila is a wonderful artist and love junkie--with very young untalented actor boyfriend. She gets sober & throws him out!
7. Inventing Memory (1997) The generations of Jewish women in America and how they triumphed. My Jewish Roots Novel--or JOOTS!
8. Sappho's Leap (2003) The story of Sappho who invented love poetry 2600 years ago, loved men, loved women, was imitated by all.
9. COMING SOON (September, 2015): FEAR OF DYING, a novel by Erica Jong. To be published in the U.S.A by St. Martin's Press as well as other editions worldwide.
1. Fruits & Vegetables (1971, 1997)
2. Half-Lives (1973)
3. Loveroot (1975)
4. At the Edge of the Body (1979)
5. Ordinary Miracles (1983)
6. Becoming Light: New and Selected (1991)
7. Love Comes First (2009)
8. Coming soon: ORACLE OF LIGHT: NEW POEMS BY ERICA JONG
Witches (1981, 1997, 1999) Illustrated study of the witch and the Mother Goddess
Megan's Book of Divorce; Megan's Two Houses: FOR KIDZ (1984, 1996)
The Devil at Large: Erica Jong on Henry Miller (1993)
Fear of Fifty: A Mid-Life Memoir (1994)
What Do Women Want? Bread Roses Sex Power (1998)
Seducing the Demon: Writing for My Life A BOOK ABOUT WRITING (2006)
Sugar in My Bowl (2011) Anthology (Real Women Write About Real Sex)
A Letter to the President (Kindle Single) 2012
Love Comes First2009
Awards and Recognition
- Fernanda Pivano Award for Literature in Italy
- Sigmund Freud Award in Italy
- Deauville Literary Award in France
- United Nations Award for Excellence in Literature
- Poetry Magazine’s Bess Hokin Prize
Press and Media Mentions
- New York Times: A Woman’s Fantasy in a Modern Reality
- Elle Magazine: ERICA JONG OPENS UP ABOUT MOTHERHOOD, BLOGGING AND SEX WITH STRANGERS
- L.A. Times - Erica Jong overcomes her Fear of Flying
- 6 Books Every Smart Woman Should Read
- The New York Observer - Zip Replacement
- The New York Times Book Review - Unzipped