Olive is an established author, educator and radiographer. She has also worked as a healthcare and radiology subject matter editor and has presented webinars and seminars on mammography and other radiography-related topics.
Her published works with Mc-Graw-Hill are: Mammography and breast imaging prep, Lange Q&A mammography examination, Mammography and breast imaging: just the facts, and Radiography flashcards.
Other non-fiction titles are: Radiographic position: pocket guide, Spanish for professionals in radiology, Life after high school, traits that help & traits that hurt, and The dangers of medical radiation.
Her fiction titles, written using the pseudonym Jo Dinage, include young adult novels Mind games, The starlight kids - mystery of the feather burglar, The intruders and Linked. Adult novels are Death of the immortals and She likes sugar.
Radiographic Positioning: Pocket Guide
This text offers a comprehensive overview of routine imaging procedures and positioning terminology in diagnostic imaging. Also included is a summary of patient care in radiology, infection control, patient communication and digital technology. Each projection file includes an image of the actual position with the corresponding labeled radiograph, plus technical information on patient positioning; shielding; body/part position and rotation; central ray angulation; point of entry; structures demonstrated; and image evaluation.
Great for use by student technologists during ARRT registry review or as a refresher for practicing x-ray technologist.
Death of the Immortals2021
The Intruders– In This War They Had The Advantage2021
The Starlight Kids, Mystery of the Feather Burglar2021
She Likes Sugar2021
Mammography and Breast Imaging Prep. 2nd ed2017
Lange Q&A Mammography Examination. 4th ed2017
Mammography and Breast Imaging: Just the Facts2015
Life After High School: Traits that Help and Traits that Hurt2012
The Dangers of Medical Radiation2011
Spanish for Professionals in Radiology2010
Awards and Recognition
- On June 2010, Olive was honored at the Juneteenth Celebration of the African American Chamber of Commerce of Westchester and Rockland Counties (NY) at its annual award dinner. The Chamber recognized me as one of the "10 Influential Blacks" in Westchester & Rockland Counties. Olive was the keynote speaker at, Let's Get Ready Summer Career Day Kick-Off, on July 30th 2011. The mission of Let's Get Ready is to expand college access for motivated, low-income high school students. Olive’s Book, The Intruders: In This War They Had The Advantage, published under the pseudonym Jo Dinage was awarded Bronze prize winner in the 15th Annual Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards 2022, E-Book Young Adult Fiction category
Press and Media Mentions
- The Intruders: In This War They Had The Advantage by Jo Dinage Bronze prize winner in the 15th Annual Moonbeam Children’s Book Awards - E-Book Young Adult Fiction category. Great!
- PAID POST by Philips — What’s keeping us away from doctors? Many factors prevent Americans from getting the medical care they need. But innovative nonprofits are bringing real change. 11/5/2021 https://www.nytimes.com/paidpost/philips/whats-keeping-us-away-from-doctors.html https://nyti.ms/3wcovi8
- PBS News Hour interview – Mobile Mammography van at BCW https://www.pbs.org/video/higher-risk-1622752899/ Why Black women face a triple threat from breast cancer
- Keynote speaker at Let's Get Ready Summer Career Day Kick-Off on July 30th 2011. The mission of Let's Get Ready is to expand college access for motivated, low-income high school students.
- Honored at the Juneteenth Celebration of the African American Chamber of Commerce of Westchester and Rockland Counties (NY). At its annual award dinner June 17, 2010, Olive was recognized as one of the Chamber's "10 Influential Blacks" in Westchester & Rockland Counties, for her work as an author and publisher.