Olive Peart writes fiction using the Jo Dinage pseudonym. She is the author of four young adult novels, Mind Games, The Starlight Kids, Mystery of the Feather Burglar, Linked and The Intruders. Her published non-fiction titles are: Radiographic Positioning: Pocket Guide, The Dangers of Medical Radiation, Spanish for Professionals in Radiology, Lange Q & A Mammography Examination, Mammography and Breast Imaging - Just the Facts and Radiography Flashcards
As an established radiologic technologist educator, lecturer and writer, she gives seminars on mammography and other radiography-related topics at conferences throughout the United States and Canada. Her articles have been published in radiological journals and newsmagazines including Radiologic Technology - Journal of the American Society of Radiologic Technologist. She is also a Subject Matter Expert (SME) writer with Relias, a source for online CE Credits, and volunteers with RAD-AID International where she serves as Program Manager, Mammography Technologist with RAD-AID, USA Women's Health Access Initiative.
Olive serves as secretary with the Maryland Society of Radiologic Technologist (MSRT).
Awards and Recognition
- Olive was the keynote speaker at Let’s Get Ready Summer Career Day Kick-Off on July 30th.2011. The mission of Let’s Get Ready is to expand college access for motivated, low-income high school students.
Press and Media Mentions
- PAID POST by Philips — What’s keeping us away from doctors? Many factors prevent Americans from getting the medical care they need. But innovative nonprofits are bringing real change. 11/5/2021 https://www.nytimes.com/paidpost/philips/whats-keeping-us-away-from-doctors.html https://nyti.ms/3wcovi8
- PBS News Hour interview – Mobile Mammography van at BCW https://www.pbs.org/video/higher-risk-1622752899/ Why Black women face a triple threat from breast cancer
- Keynote speaker at Let's Get Ready Summer Career Day Kick-Off on July 30th 2011. The mission of Let's Get Ready is to expand college access for motivated, low-income high school students.
- Honored at the Juneteenth Celebration of the African American Chamber of Commerce of Westchester and Rockland Counties (NY). At its annual award dinner June 17, 2010, Olive was recognized as one of the Chamber's "10 Influential Blacks" in Westchester & Rockland Counties, for her work as an author and publisher.